10 Details Not To Overlook
If you plan on selling in the next 6 months, then you still have time to address these 10 details that most buyers will surely notice. These items we often overlook over the time we’ve owned our homes. We should take some time before we sell to take care of them and help the sale go smoother.
- Outside Surfaces – power wash siding and concrete. Repaint peeling surfaces, repair rotted wood. Attention to detail on the outside will be the first impression that a homebuyer gets and sets the tone for the rest of the showing.
- Landscaping – trim or take out overgrown and old plants. Another first impression that can set the wrong vibe for the showing.
- Doorknobs, hinges – make sure you have all the keys for every lock and lubricate anything sticky or squeaky.
- Light bulbs, fixtures, outlets – test all and make sure everything is working as it should. Bring in a licensed electrician for any repairs that may be required. Replace dated fixtures.
- Dirt and Junk – clean and declutter the house. No matter how clean we may be there is always that corner that never gets touched, or the excess home decorations that just start to build up on counters and mantles. Decluttering will make the space feel more open and bright.
- Leaks – repair water damage and leaky fixtures or roofs!
- Windows – wash all windows and glass surface. Remove those finger prints from the kids running around and replace and panes or windows that may have a crack or broken.
- Carpets – arrange a professional cleaning for all carpeted areas. Replace worn carpet or convert to hardwood.
- Tiles – replace cracked tiles, clean dirty grout.
- Appliances – anything that is staying with the house should work properly and be clean. Remove or replace anything that does not.